WHEEL OF A TIME - WHEEL THROWING KIDS PARTY [$60.00 Per Guest]
The best way to celebrate your birthday is by getting messy, with clay! Explore this unique and creative party option.
Work with our experienced in-house potters to create something really fantastic on the wheel. They will walk you through all the fundamentals of this ancient and stimulating practice. Available for ages 8 and up.
How to book:
Send us an enquiry for your booking to firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 2 hours. This booking is for minimum 4 students and maximum 4
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your booking time to sign in.
- Please note, we commence all workshops at the specified start time. If you arrive late, your workshop will still be required to finish at the end time allocated. We cannot compensate for a later start/end time unless this has been previously arranged with us prior to the workshop day.
- All materials.
- An apron.
What to wear & bring:
- Comfortable clothes.
- A hair tie for long hair or a headband/clip for short hair to keep your hair comfortably away from your face.
- An old towel.
- Having short finger nails is also recommended as it makes it easier to work with the clay while throwing!
What you will take home:
Each student will take home a piece of pottery they have thrown themselves. They can also pick a colour they would like their pottery to be and we will apply pre-firing. In this session you will learn to throw between 6-7 pieces on the wheel. If you would like to fire an extra piece you have wheel thrown it will be $10 per piece.
Who is this suitable for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of wheel thrown ceramics in a private setting with focussed one on one time with the teacher.
Where is it:
At Hypmotive, Marrickville Metro, 20 Smidmore Street, Marrickville in our pottery hub.
Please note that once the workshop booking is confirmed, workshop booking terms and conditions will apply.
If you need to cancel your workshop booking we are unable to provide a refund however you are able to transfer the booking to someone else.
If you are unable or forget to attend, or to transfer the booking to another person, the booking at that stage is non refundable and non-transferrable.
For further terms and conditions please head over to this page here!
- Earliest weekend bookings available from 2pm (set up time from 1:30pm) , intention here is to try and schedule parties initially after our wheel workshops.
- Week day bookings, earliest would be 10am / latest booking start time 2:30pm
- Friday 22nd April earliest booking start time 10am / latest booking start time 2:30pm
*If you were looking to add more people to your party, please look at our other group bookings options on our website.