WHEEL & GLAZE CORPORATE PACKAGE [$145.00 Per Guest]
Ditch the office, bring the team and come and play with some clay at Hypmotive! This interactive and tactile workshop is great for rapport and team building fun.
Come and learn from our experienced in-house potters the ancient and visceral art of pottery. You and your team will have the opportunity to decorate, with underglaze, a piece of hand made wheel thrown pottery that will be yours to keep and surely everyones favourite office mug.
You will also be taken through the basics of making pottery on the wheel and will have the chance to roll up your sleeves, get your hands into some clay and make a pot yourself.
This workshop is a great experience for those wanting to take their team out of the office space and into a creative environment where they can learn to work collaboratively and strengthen the work relations.
So what are you waiting for! Send us an enquiry now!
This price includes a private teacher, all tools and materials, and the glazing and firing of one piece per person, allowing the group to keep their creations.
Time: 3.5 hours.
Minimum 4 students. Maximum 8 students.
FROM $137.50 to $145.00 pp pending number of people.
- A private teacher for an introduction to both wheel throwing and glazing.
- All tools and materials.
- A bisque fired ceramic mug for each person.
- The glazing and firing of the ceramic mugs.
- An apron for use in the workshop.
What to wear & bring:
- Comfortable clothes.
- A hair tie for long hair or a headband/clip for short hair to keep your hair comfortably away from your face.
- An old towel.
- Having short finger nails is also recommended as it makes it easier to work with the clay while throwing!
- A face mask if you deem it necessary.
- You are welcome to BYO drinks and nibbles. Glassware is available for drinks free of charge.
What you will take home:
In this session you will be both glazing and wheel throwing.
During the glazing part of the session, you will work off a bisque fired, pre made ceramic mug which you will take home once we have applied the finishing touches and final fire to make it dishwasher, microwave and food safe.
We will fire your group pieces in our kiln off site. Firing generally takes between 2-4 weeks. We will contact you when your pieces are ready for collection. We do not provide shipping as an option.
If you would like to keep anything you make in the wheel throwing portion of the workshop it will be an extra charge of $15 per piece that will include a gloss glaze applied by us and firing. This will be required to paid for during the workshop in store.
Who is this suitable for:
- Anyone looking to book a collaborative and team building experience for their work colleagues that helps build work relations and strengthen bonds.
- For work teams that have an interest in learning the basic principles of pottery
Where is it:
At Hypmotive, Marrickville Metro, 20 Smidmore Street, Marrickville in our pottery hub.
How to book:
- Week days:
- The earliest start time during the week is 10am. Day sessions are available Monday through to Friday.
- The latest start time during the week is 5:30pm. Evening sessions are available Thursdays and Fridays.
- The earliest start time during the weekend is 10am. Day sessions are available Saturday and Sunday.
- The latest start time during the weekend is 1pm.
Once your deposit is paid, this is non refundable or transferrable under any circumstance should you need to cancel your booking.
If you are unable to attend on the day, the full booking fee at that stage is non refundable and non-transferrable.
For further terms and conditions please head over to this page here!