WHEEL & GLAZE PARTY WORKSHOP [$145.00 Per Guest]
Celebrate your birthday at Hypmotive by getting creative with clay! A unique and fun experience for all.
This party package gives you the opportunity to learn from our experienced in-house potters, the basics of wheel thrown pottery & how to underglaze your very own pot!
All party attendees will work on the wheel to craft their own vessels and decorate a piece of pre-made pottery that we will fire in our kiln for you to take home when it is done.
How to book:
- Week days:
- The earliest start time during the week is 10am. Day sessions are available Monday through to Friday.
- The latest start time during the week is 5:30pm. Evening sessions are available Thursdays and Fridays.
- The earliest start time during the weekend is 10am. Day sessions are available Saturday and Sunday.
- The latest start time during the weekend is 1pm.
Time: 3 hours
This booking is for minimum 4 students and maximum 8
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your booking time to sign in.
- Please note, we commence all workshops at the specified start time. If you arrive late, your workshop will still be required to finish at the end time allocated. We cannot compensate for a later start/end time unless this has been previously arranged with us prior to the workshop day.
- All materials.
- An apron.
What to wear & bring:
- Comfortable clothes.
- A hair tie for long hair or a headband/clip for short hair to keep your hair comfortably away from your face.
- An old towel.
- Having short finger nails is also recommended as it makes it easier to work with the clay while throwing!
What you will take home:
You will get to take home a piece of wheel thrown pottery that you have decorated in the glazing portion of the workshop. In this session you will learn to throw between 3-4 pieces on the wheel. If you would like to fire a piece you have wheel thrown it will be $15 extra pr piece.
Who is this suitable for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of wheel thrown ceramics in a private setting with focussed one on one time with the teacher.
Where is it:
At Hypmotive, Marrickville Metro, 20 Smidmore Street, Marrickville in our pottery hub.
Please note that once the workshop booking is confirmed, workshop booking terms and conditions will apply.
If you need to cancel your workshop booking we are unable to provide a refund however you are able to transfer the booking to someone else.
If you are unable or forget to attend, or to transfer the booking to another person, the booking at that stage is non refundable and non-transferrable.
For further terms and conditions please head over to this page here!
- Earliest weekend bookings available from 2pm (set up time from 1:30pm)
- Week day bookings, earliest would be 10am / latest booking start time 2:30pm