INTRO TO: WHEEL THROWN POTTERY FOR YOU AND A FRIEND (1 SESSION)
BOOK YOUR SPOT TODAY! In this introductory workshop, learn the techniques and basics of wheel thrown pottery in this introductory workshop with local ceramicist and lead potter at Hypmotive hub, Jemini from Potter Panks.
This class is a private class for two students so you can have your class tailored to your needs with focussed one on one time with the teacher.
Scroll down towards the end of this listing to view available dates in the dropdown list under "BOOK ME IN" !
Please note: From June 2021, this workshop will be held at our NEW LOCATION 20 SMIDMORE ST, Marrickville.
Time: 1.5-2 hours
This booking is for TWO (2) students in a class of FOUR
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your booking time to sign in.
- Please note, we commence all workshops at the specified start time. If you arrive late, your workshop will still be required to finish at the end time allocated. We cannot compensate for a later start/end time unless this has been previously arranged with us prior to the workshop day.
- All materials.
- An apron.
What to wear & bring:
- A face mask.
- Comfortable clothes.
- A hair tie for long hair or a headband/clip for short hair to keep your hair comfortably away from your face.
- An old towel.
- Having short finger nails is also recommended as it makes it easier to work with the clay while throwing!
What you will take home:
In this session you will learn how to throw several pieces and towards the end of the session you can choose 1 item to take home once it has been glazed and fired. Each additional item will cost $10 each.
If you would like to paint your own ceramic pieces and then have them glazed and fired by us, you can come back into the DIY maker hub the following week for 1 hour to decorate your pieces with a selection of under glaze colours. Further information and prices can be discussed during your wheel lesson.
Who is this suitable for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of wheel thrown ceramics in a private setting with focussed one on one time with the teacher.
Where is it:
At Hypmotive, Marrickville Metro, 20 Smidmore Street, Marrickville in our pottery hub.
GIFT CARDS can be purchased for this workshop. Once the recipient has received the gift card, they will need to book their workshop experience in store or they can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange workshop date/s.
Gift Cards are valid for 6 months from date of purchase and are not transferrable or redeemable for any other workshop, product or cash.
- Please review the available dates via our website POTTERY HUB.
- Please email the selected date and the below details through to email@example.com:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
In the event that your ceramic ware cracks during the final firing process, we will discuss with you what the options are such as repair and what that will entail. As we take great care in the overall production process, we hope this will not occur, however it’s important we let you know that this may occur. As there are many variables in pottery as to why this may occur, please be aware that Hypmotive nor the ceramic artist is responsible for the breakage and as such will be unable to provide any compensation.
If you need to cancel your workshop booking we are unable to provide a refund however you are able to transfer the booking to someone else.
If you are unable or forget to attend, or to transfer the booking to another person, the booking at that stage is non refundable and non-transferrable.
For further terms, conditions and FAQs please head over here!
By participating in a workshop, you agree that Hypmotive (and if there are attending facilitators/teachers) hold no responsibility or personal liability for loss or theft incurred to personal property, any damage, or any physical injury obtained during your time on premise and during the workshop.
We may sometimes have a photographer to take photos or film activities that are held at Hypmotive. By attending an activity at Hypmotive, you confirm the consent of you and all your Guests to being photographed, filmed or recorded. The photographs, films or recordings may be made available to the public via Hypmotive social media and website.